EnGenDER Newsletter: Confronting Gender Disparities and Multiple Hazard Events: A Caribbean Reality
Aug 31, 2021
The third edition of the EnGenDER newsletter has been published under the theme, Confronting Gender Disparities and Multiple Hazard Events: A Caribbean Reality. In this August issue of the newsletter, the EnGenDER project examines more deeply gender inequalities and disaster management in the Caribbean region within the context of the COVID-19 pandemic, the hurricane season and the volcanic eruptions of the La Soufrière Volcano.
Inside this issue:
- EnGenDER: A Gateway to Gender-Related Impacts!
- Addressing Vulnerabilities in the Relief and Response Efforts Following the Explosive Eruption of the La Soufrière Volcano
- Towards a Gender- Responsive Approach to Recovery
- The Stage is set for strengthening Gender-Responsive Disaster Recovery: The Model National Recovery Framework
- Regional Shock Responsive Social Protection Systems Evolve with Compound Impacts
- Jamaica Women Craft Vendors Get Business Support to Enhance Resiliency when Disasters Strikes
- Building Resilience in Coastal Communities with the Belize Association of Planners
- Insights into the Suriname Referral Pathway Initiative
- What is Gender Inequality Costing the Caribbean Region?
- Dominica Moves One Step Closer to Engendering its NDC Commitments
- Future Action